The source code for stsdev.exe
is included in the zip archive named stsdevv1.3SourceCode.zip
. This new release includes the following changes:
1. Addition of Solution Providers for SequentialWorkflowSolution and StateMachineWorkflowSolution
2. Removal of the WebService Solution Provider
3. Addition of WebControlSolutionProviders - creates a project for developing a custom WebControl, packaging it, and deploying it to SharePoint.
4. Minor bug fixes, including:
- The path to makecab.exe contained a hard-coded system path. This caused STSDev to fail on any configurations that don't put Windows in "C:\Windows".
- Resolved issues that would cause STSDev to fail if the project path had spaces in it.
- Fixed instructions for configuration named "DebugQuickCopy" to xcopy files from RootFiles
5. Addition of a new configuration named "DebugRefreshAssemblyInGac". It reinstalls the GAC assembly and then bounces application pool.
: The screencasts are available on the page for the 1.2 Release: https://www.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=stsdev&ReleaseId=10119
. They have not been updated, but are still applicable to this 1.3 Release
- STSDEV01Introduction.wmv: A basic introduction to the STSDEV utility which covers setup and usage including an exploration of the basic Visual Studio project structure that is generated for all STSDEV-generated solutions. You should view this screencast before any of the others.
- STSDEV02CreatingFeatures.wmv: A tutorial of creating a simple Visual Studio project to develop and debug a Feature targeting WSS or MOSS.
- STSDEV03CreatingWebParts.wmv: A tutorial of creating a simple Visual Studio project to develop and debug a Web Parts targeting WSS or MOSS.
: An update is in the works that will address as many of the issues/bugs reported for the current release as possible. We are also planning to add direct Visual Studio integration as well as the ability to add new items to an existing project and possibly also support for VB.Net. Please continue to report bugs on the Issues List. Once our plans are set, we will post information as to the planned schedule here. Thanks for your interest in this tool.
This will be the last minor update prior to the upcoming 2.0 Release