The zip archive named stsdevv1.2.zip
just contains a single binary for the stsdev.exe
utitilty (along with a configuration file and 2 plugin assemblies) which can be run on a SharePoint 2007 development workstation running WSS 3.0 or MOSS with either Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Studio 2008.
The source code for stsdev.exe
is included in the zip archive named stsdevv1.2SourceCode.zip
. This zip archive also includes two plugins:
- WcmSolutionProviders which demonstrates a sample of creating an external solution provider which can be used to generate custom solutions with the stsdev.exe utility.
- WFActivitySolutionProvider which creates a fully functional shell for a new Workflow Activity and SharePoint Designer Action/Condition.
- STSDEV01Introduction.wmv: A basic introduction to the STSDEV utility which covers setup and usage including an exploration of the basic Visual Studio project structure that is generated for all STSDEV-generated solutions. You should view this screencast before any of the others.
- STSDEV02CreatingFeatures.wmv: A tutorial of creating a simple Visual Studio project to develop and debug a Feature targeting WSS or MOSS.
- STSDEV03CreatingWebParts.wmv: A tutorial of creating a simple Visual Studio project to develop and debug a Web Parts targeting WSS or MOSS.
: An update is in the works that will address as many of the issues/bugs reported for the current release as possible. We are also planning to add direct Visual Studio integration as well as the ability to add new items to an existing project and possibly also support for VB.Net. Please continue to report bugs on the Issues List. Once our plans are set, we will post information as to the planned schedule here. Thanks for your interest in this tool.