Workflow project error

Sep 5, 2008 at 10:42 AM
Hi,

I created a new workflow project and then tried to install it.  It seems to fail fundamentally with the out of the box generated solution:

Installing Solution...
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\bin\stsadm.exe" -o addsolution -filename DeploymentFiles\MyWorkflowProject.wsp

Error: Cannot find this file specified in the manifest file: MyWorkflowProject\WorkflowTemplates.xml
DeploymentFiles\MyWorkflowProject.wsp: The Solution installation failed.

The files seem to be in the right place but the manifest.xml does not seem to be looking in the right places?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--Manifest created STSDEV utility at 05/09/2008 11:34:41-->
<Solution SolutionId="6EC662B5-4C9F-48AD-A4B4-28175D127EB1" ResetWebServer="True" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/">
  <!--Feature Manifest files-->
  <FeatureManifests>
    <FeatureManifest Location="MyWorkflowProject\feature.xml" />
  </FeatureManifests>
  <!--TEMPLATE files-->
  <TemplateFiles>
    <TemplateFile Location="FEATURES\MyWorkflowProject\WorkflowTemplates.xml" />
    <TemplateFile Location="IMAGES\MyWorkflowProject\AfricanPith32.gif" />
  </TemplateFiles>
  <!--Assembly files-->
  <Assemblies>
    <Assembly Location="MyWorkflowProject.dll" DeploymentTarget="GlobalAssemblyCache" />
  </Assemblies>
</Solution>

Feature.xml and WorkflowTemplates.xml are in the same folder in the solution, so surely they should have the same path in the manifest.xml?

This was with a build of the latest source for 1.3.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Does the 1.3 release have this problem? 

Thanks,

Craig
Developer
Oct 14, 2008 at 6:16 AM
Craig,

I'm guessing you are downloading the source and buliding this? If so, this error is due to Changeset 14625. The release version of 1.3 is fine.

It is to do with the method detecting whether the file is part of a feature or not.

I would recommend sticking with David Manns last Changeset which is 13521 until another relesae is put out there on the Release tab.

Cheers,
Jeremy Thake
http://wss.made4the.net/