You want some of my enhancements?

Apr 9, 2008 at 11:00 PM
I added two features to my local source code copy of stsdev. These two entries can be added to SolutionConfig.xml

<FilesAndDirectoriesToIgnore>^.*\.cs$</FilesAndDirectoriesToIgnore>
<IgnoreHiddenOrSystemFilesAndDirectories>False</IgnoreHiddenOrSystemFilesAndDirectories>

The first is a list of semi-colon separated regular expressions. If stsdev finds a match while looping through the project directory, it won't include that file. Possible consideration: you might want to flip the verbiage so it's "FilesAndDirectoriesToInclude" if you add this code to stsdev.. six and one half dozen of the other if you ask me.

The second option is one I added by request from a few others in the discussion forum. Pretty self explanatory.

Let me know if you're interested. I just got it working after a few short hours so I'll continue testing.

FYI: Ted might remember me as the guy who wrote all kinds of interesting WSS goodies after labs during his March 31st training week. :)
Apr 14, 2008 at 6:03 PM
alexdresko:

Please contact me (dmann) through the CodePlex "Contact" feature and we'll figure out a way to get this into the codebase.

Thanks,

dave

alexdresko wrote:
I added two features to my local source code copy of stsdev. These two entries can be added to SolutionConfig.xml

<FilesAndDirectoriesToIgnore>^.*\.cs$</FilesAndDirectoriesToIgnore>
<IgnoreHiddenOrSystemFilesAndDirectories>False</IgnoreHiddenOrSystemFilesAndDirectories>

The first is a list of semi-colon separated regular expressions. If stsdev finds a match while looping through the project directory, it won't include that file. Possible consideration: you might want to flip the verbiage so it's "FilesAndDirectoriesToInclude" if you add this code to stsdev.. six and one half dozen of the other if you ask me.

The second option is one I added by request from a few others in the discussion forum. Pretty self explanatory.

Let me know if you're interested. I just got it working after a few short hours so I'll continue testing.

FYI: Ted might remember me as the guy who wrote all kinds of interesting WSS goodies after labs during his March 31st training week. :)

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:53 AM
Can you publish your code for the file exclusion?