Workflow Feature

Mar 12, 2008 at 8:46 PM
Has anyone used this to create a workflow feature? If so, do you happen to have the steps that are required to do so? For instance, do I start out with a SimpleFeature? I tried this, but it won't let me add a SharePoint workflow to the project I guess because it isn't using a SharePoint workflow project type. Would be pretty cool to use this for my SharePoint workflows especially if it could utilize the 2008 debug functionality.
May 9, 2008 at 3:52 PM
I've been considering the same thing and have come up with a temporary, yet subpar solution. I add a new VSeWSS project to my STSDev solution and move them after I build them. I really wish there was a better way. I'll be blogging this solution, and perhaps a better one when I find it at http://sharepointers.blogspot.com
May 9, 2008 at 5:26 PM
I have a multiproject stsdev solution set up. I just couldn't get it to work in a single project so I use my STSDev project as the "feature" project to host the deployment and elements files. Then I've added a workflow project to my solution, referenced it from the STSDev project, and added the assembly to the SolutionConfig.xml so it automatically packages the workflow assembly into the wsp file.

It actually appears to be working fairly well.
Coordinator
May 9, 2008 at 8:42 PM
Workflows are now supported SOlution Providers in the latest release (1.3)

Dave