Resource Folder

Feb 4, 2008 at 3:34 PM
Great work on the tool! I have used it already for a few webparts and it works great!

Now, my webparts are beginning to get a little more involved. Specifically, I have some webparts for which I want to include "resources". Not, resx files but just additional code or user controls. Because it is so easily accessible, I would like to store that in the wpresources virtual directory. Since that is not part of the "root folders" hive, what's your suggestion for adding this path to the build?

Thanks in advance.
Apr 2, 2008 at 11:04 PM
Any answer to this? I want to deploy js files with my web parts (not embed them) I can manually add the ClassResources, but they get whacked on the build,

Thanks,
Glenn
Apr 3, 2008 at 4:47 PM
So, messing a bit with the source, I have this working, but it's kinda clumsy. Basically, if I add a ClassResources folder to the root of the SOLUTION (not RootFiles) and put subdirs in there, it will include them. I can seem to make it work without it using "ClassResources" in the deployed path (meaning, wpresources\AssemblyName\ClassResources\<files>", so I am relying on a convention now in my webparts.

I'd love it if someone with more SP knowledge chimed in on this one.....